you’ve picked out your dream car and the program that best fits your lifestyle,
it’s time to get signed up! Stop by the NYLL office and bring these documents
• State Driver’s License for Driver
• Social Security Card
• Proof of Residence: Please bring a recent copy of a utility bill (electric, telephone, cable, water, or bank statement)
* If you are a corporation: please provide filing receipt and IRS Tax ID Sheet
NEW YORK DRIVERS ONLY
• TLC FHV License
• Base Letter: This letter is required by the insurance company because anyone driving a TLC-licensed vehicle MUST be listed by name on the insurance policy. All vehicles must have commercial insurance coverage from a TLC-approved insurance company. • State Driver’s License for Driver
• Driving Defensive Course: Please be aware that the course is only valid for 3 years.
Please note for vehicles operating in New York City: Your vehicle must be TLC approved, licensed and registered. If you are obtaining your own insurance you will need to bring in these additional documents:
• TLC FHV License: You need a TLC license to pick up passengers anywhere in New York City.
• TLC Licensed Insurance: You need to obtain a Liability Insurance policy with a minimum coverage of $100K/$300K. In order to obtain insurance you must be affiliated with a Base and your name must be listed in the Policy. All vehicles must have commercial insurance coverage from a TLC-approved insurance company.
• TLC Plates and Diamond: In order to pick-up passengers in New York City you must have TLC Plates and valid Diamond card.