Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does it take for a driver to be approved by the insurance company? If the driver submits all documents, he could have an answer in 24 to 48 hours.
2. What documents are required to be approved by the insurance company? To be approved by the insurance you will need to bring a copy of your State and FHV licenses, proof of address (utility bill), a base letter and the driving defensive course.
3. What documents are needed to lease a vehicle? Please click here for the complete list of documents
4. Can I add another driver? Yes, you can have up to two qualified drivers in one policy. Please note that every driver needs to be approved in person.
5. If I go on vacations does the company hold the vehicle? Yes, the company will hold the vehicle for up to two weeks, as long as the account is current.
6. What happens if it takes me more than two weeks to come from vacation? In that case, we will take the car in a parking lot and the customer will have to pay for storage.
7. How do I make a payment?
- You can make a payment at our office located at 1709 Jerome Avenue. Bronx, NY 10453. We are open from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM Monday to Friday, and from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturday
- You could make a payment at any 7-11 (seven eleven) or Family Dollar store, for a small fee of $2.99.
8. What happens if I don’t make my payment in time? You will be charged for late fee of ten dollars ($10.00).
9. Can I pay with Credit cards? No, we only accept cash, checks and money order.
10. What can I do if I crash my car? First of all, you have to make a police report. Second, please call us at (718)466-6500 to help us repair the vehicle, and start an insurance claim.
11. Does my insurance go up after an accident? No, but if you are found guilty you will have to pay a deductible of $1000.
12. What do I do if the car breaks down? Call New York Livery Leasing at (718) 466-6500, and a customer services specialist will help you get your vehicle towed and examined by a mechanic.
13. Do I still have to make payments if my car is getting repaired? No, but after the car is repaired you will be responsible to bring the account current by making any missed payment.
14. Where do I have to go if I receive a ticket? If you receive a ticket you can come to the office and pay the amount as soon as possible or you can also pay direct to PVB.
15. What do I do if I get a TLC summons? You can dispute the summon directly at the TLC office, or you can hire an attorney, or you can call New York Livery Leasing for additional information and assistance.